Friday 6 March 2015

Have you got no good?

This week I had a light comedy blog written. It was fun and quirky like me. But something changed during the week. The news I read, the bans that is proceeding, the stories that I heard was nothing but devastating. Since I’m not capable enough to start a fund raiser or a protest or even a significant change, I thought it’s better to spread the word to even a few people who read this blog.

I’m not great on sympathy or empathy, but I feel sad and concerned about people I care and sometimes don’t know. I must believe that is human nature, if not, then I will be accepting the world to be mean and pathetic.

Recently I heard a story of a woman. She survives on menial income and shattered dreams. Believe it or not, the woman has over 20 years’ experience in e-commerce. With nothing, not even a meal – she survives right here amongst us. There are also few more amongst us whose stories literally pulls your heart out and stomps it. While researching about sheltered homes I read a few articles on Times of India about why it’s not possible to have more shelters in Bengaluru. We do have 11 of them now, FYI.

"The inmates fight almost every night. Men are inevitably drunk. A week ago, one man threatened his wife he would drop their one-and-a-half-year old child from the first floor. It's annoying to see such incidents," said woman, a resident of Jambu Savari Dinne, JP Nagar 8th Phase.

Somewhere else, she was among many persons who met BBMP officials who visited the night shelter there. "My daughter is studying in Class 10. She's unable to study due to the constant squabbling in the night shelter next to my house. It's a nightmare for us," said another woman.

Yes, that’s why you don’t find as many shelters. Its fine donating their old clothes and giving the occasional 2rs to a beggar on the street in the middle of a signal; but it’s a definite big N-O for a homeless shelter in your locality. I mean, why right? There are not people. They don’t need roof. We just want our kids to study and earn billions where we can all go to other countries and pose for Instagram and FB. Why should homeless people live? We sure think it’s a waste!




All I keep thinking is, I just hope world has as much good as bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment